The jurisdiction of the Association shall be all over India, but any dispute/case/suit shall be instituted and shall be subject to the court in Coimbatore only.
The objectives of the Association are:
- To encourage the members to take active interest in the activities and progress on the Alma matter.
- To award Scholarship and Aid to the students of the college to participate in seminars and present their research findings in the conferences.
- To prove assistance and facilities for all round development of the college.
- To promote and encourage friendly relations among all the members of the Association.
- To keep Alumni informed about the Alma Mater.
- To promote and support technological planning, research and development.
- To promote career guidance, interaction with Industry and continuing education.
- To serve the common cause of the member’s interest in general.
RULES AND REGULATION
All Alumni of the PSG COLLEGE OF PHARMACY (Henceforth abbreviated as PSG CP) shall be eligible for Life Membership of the Association. They will have voting rights.
The following shall be eligible for Associate Life Membership of the Association.
- All members of the teaching staff of PSG CP who are not Alumni of PSG CP, working in regular or temporary basis.
- All ex-members of teaching staff of PSG CP who are not Alumni of PSG CP.
- All associate members shall have participatory rights in discussion, be member of the sub-committees, can act as advisors and can be co-opted as members of various committees but shall have no voting rights.
CESSATION OF MEMBERSHIP
A member of the Association shall cease to be such a member if he/she resigns from his/her membership or found to be of unsound mind or is convicted by a court for any offence on moral grounds or termination of the membership by the Executive committee for compelling reasons.
The Membership fee for the Alumini member is RS. 750 /- which includes the registration fee. The membership fee for the Associate membership will be RS. 500/- For Alumini of foreign origin / NRI the membership fee will be US$ 50 or Equivalent Indian rupees which includes Registration and Membership fee.
1. The General Body shall consist of all members and associate members of the Association.
2. The General Body of the Association shall hold the Annual General Meeting at least twice in a year and not more than 12 months shall elapse between two successive Annual General Body Meetings.
3. A prior notice of clear 15 days for convening an Annual General Meeting shall ordinarily be given to the members by the Secretary in consultation with the President.
4. An emergent meeting of the General Body can only convened by the President for compelling reasons at a short notice.
5. Thirty (30) members/ associate members present in person shall form quorum for any meeting of the General Body. If the meeting is adjourned for want of quorum, the adjourned meeting will be convened within 21 days to transact the same business and members shall form the quorum.
6. The duties of the General Body shall be:
- To set guidelines for the executive committee so as to achieve the objectives of the Association.
- To consider and adopt the Annual Report and Audited Accounts of the Association
- To approve the budget for the next year.
- To honor the outstanding Alumni and distinguished Alumni.
- To elect office bearers and members of the Executive Committee.
- To transact any other business with the permission of the President.
1. The Executive Committee shall consist of
- President 1
- Vice-president 1
- G. Secretary 1
- Joint Secretary 1
- Treasurer 1
- Executive members 4
All the members will hold their post for One year period.
2. Election of the Executive Committee
- The principal, PSG CP shall be the Ex-Officio President of the Association.
- All other office bearers and members of the Executive Committee shall be elected. V. President, G. Secretary, Joint Secretary, Treasurer.
- The immediate past secretary shall be an ex-officio member.
- The procedure for the election of the office bearers of the Association shall be regulated as follows
– The name of the contestant should be proposed by a member and seconded by the any other two members.
– In case of election are to be hold, there will be secret vallot which will be conducted by the president.
- No elected/nominated office bearer shall hold office for more than two consecutive terms.
- In case of any absence of candidature in election of the executive committee, the members present in the Annual General Body Meeting shall nominate person/persons to fill in vacancy/vacancies from the members present in the General Body Meeting.
3. The Executive Committee will ordinarily meet once in a 6 months but the Secretary may call an emergent meeting at any time.
4. A prior notice of 21 days shall ordinarily be given to members for convening a meeting.
5. The quorum for the Executive Committee Meeting shall be five. In case there is no quorum it shall be adjourned.
6. In case any vacancy arises in the Executive Committee, the Executive Committee shall fill by nomination. A vacancy would be deemed to arise when an Executive Committee member expresses his/her inability to discharge responsibility or when a member remains absent for three consecutive EC meetings without information.
- The Executive shall have all powers with regards to management and promotion of objectives of the Association according to the directives, if any of the General Body.
- The Executive Committee shall frame Bye-Laws in accordance with the rules and regulations, and report to the General Body. Amendments will be done by simple majority.
- The office bearer and members of the Executive Committee shall normally hold office for one year.
POWERS & DUTIES OF THE OFFICE BEARERS
The President shall preside over the Executive Committee Meetings and the General Body Meetings. The President shall have the voting power.
The Vice President shall act for the President in his absence. He shall render advice to the Executive Committee with regard to promotion of the objectives of the Association. The vice President shall have powers to convene Executive Committee meetings of the Association in the absence of the Secretary.
The Secretary should attend all the activities as approved by the Executive Committee
The Secretary should be responsible for carrying out all correspondence and preparation and distribution of all publications of the Association.
Within fourteen days after holding the Annual General Meeting, the Secretary shall file the following information with the Registrar of Societies.
- List of names, address & occupations of the members of the Executive Committee
- An Annual Report of the previous year.
- A copy of the Balance Sheet & certificate of the auditors report.
The Treasurer shall be responsible for the maintenance of the financial records & accounts of the Association. The Treasurer shall operate the funds of the Association jointly with the President in a Nationalized Bank.
Finance & Accounts of the Alumini will be maintained by the treasurer in the Alumini Association Office in the college. The Accounts will be audited by an official auditor, authorized by the Executive Committee.
The Joint Secretary will assist the Secretary the management of the activities of the Association. The Joint Secretary shall act for the Secretary in the absence of the secretary.
AMENDMENT OF RULES AND REGULATIONS
Amendment to the rules and regulations shall be carried out only by a General Body meeting when minimum of three fifth of the majority votes of the members present in the meeting. The proposed amendment to the rules and regulations shall be circulated to all the members as an agenda item for the General Body Meeting.
PSG CP ALUMNI – COUNCIL MEMBERS
- President : Dr. M. Ramanathan
- Vice President : Mr. L. Sarvanan
- General Secretary : Mr. B. Balaji
- Joint Secretary : Mrs. T. Gayathri
- Treasurer : Mr. Subash
Executive committee members :
- Mr. Rajesh
- Mr. Chakri Vijay Chand
- Mr. K. Manikandan
- Mr. Divakar
- Ms. Spandana Nunna
- Ms. Bharathi