PSGCP Science club celebrating World Science Day 13 December 2018.
- Sir C.V.Raman’s Science club was established in 2010 with the motto of knowledge for all. This club is a platform of exposure to students to bring out their innovative ideas in science and revolutionize the current field of science.
- Patron : Dr.M.Ramanathan, Principal.
- Staff In charge : Dr. C.Jaikanth
On behalf of the CV Raman SCIENCE CLUB, PSGCP, World Science Day was celebrated on 13 Novermber 2018. As part of the celebrations, the students held two themes:
1st place: Gayathiri.S, Hareni iyer.A,Subiksh ram, Bhagyashree, Abel manoj Jacob.
2nd place: Chandra bharathi, Chandra prakash, Karthikeyan, Jaganathan.M,Dharshini.M
3rd place: Shared by two teams Sunitha devi, Karthick kannan, Eugiene ashwin raj,Nandheeswari, Aakash.N.S
Hannah Thomas, Christian grace, Priyadharshini,Ragavi
- Life in Earth in 2050, a poster presentation, and
- Man over machine OR Machine over man in talk picture format. External judges were invited to judge the student teams in both theme. They were Dr S Alagappan, Assoc Prof, PSGTech and Mr A Charles, HOD of Dept pf Visual Communications, Hindustan College of Arts and Science. Dr Sivaram Hariharan, Prof. of Chem, PSGCP acted as the third judge in theme-1. A total of 19 teams participated in the first theme and each team had 3 to 5 participants. The winners of this theme were as follows:
The second theme was judged by Dr S Alagappan, Mr A Charles, and Mr Karthikeyan, Assist Prof of Pharmaceutics, PSGCP. 12 teams participated in this category and each team consisted of two participants. The winners of this category were as follows:
1st Place: Hariharan.A ,Chandru.P
2nd Place: Sangeetha., Sridevi
3rd Place: Shared by two teams
Bharathi.K , Gifty Julia.I &
Venkatachalam, Eugiene Ashwin Raj
PSGCP students at the Adulteration Awareness program conducted at PSG Hospital on 23-24 April 2018
Sir C.V. Raman Science club conducted an awareness camp on quick tests for detection of some food adulterants by simple household techniques (as per FSSAI guidelines) at PSG hospital campus on 23-24 April 2018. An overwhelming response from public was observed and nearly 650 people visited the camp and took home the information provided.
PSGCP Science club competition on innovative ideas to tackle current world problems held on 3 May 2018
The Science Club of PSGCP held a competition on innovative ideas and solutions for problems faced by our world in current times on 3 May 2018. The students participated with vigor and enthusiasm and came out with creative solutions for many of the current world problems.
Essay Competition Conducted By Sir CV Raman Science Club
On the 17th of November 2017, as essay competition was held as part of the Sir CV Raman Science Club activities of the college. Many of our students participated with enthusiasm and prices were given to the winners.