An initiative aimed at tapping the potential institutional facilities and expertise of faculty to leverage collaborative research with industry.
PRISAM was launched by Dr.P.Radhakrishnan, Director, PSG Institute of Advanced Studies on 7th November 2014 at PSG IMSR auditorium on the occasion of Science Day Celebration.
- To explore the possibility of customized curriculum as per the needs of industry. Initially for PG programs introduction of industrial troubleshooting projects, doing PG projects in industry, theoretical update of the subjects, industrial project and practical training at college, will be carried out.
- Incorporate business mode amongst student community related to timelines to meet project execution, document preparation, archiving and following ethics at work etc.
- To introduce good laboratory practices and training the students in practical classes.
- To discuss about current need of the industry in terms of competent manpower and how academia can help them to bring desired skill set.
- Up gradation activities related to DSIR.
- To promulgate the institutional activities in order to persuade industries/manufacturing companies to employ our students in various departments in co-ordination with placement cell.
- To leverage experience and expertise to provide consultancy based services to pharma companies by highlighting the unique facilities in the college that makes it stand apart from other institutions. Unique facilities like: animal house facility, state-of-the-art facility in the branch of neuroscience preclinical studies, in silico drug design, nanoparticulate formulations, bioavailability studies, therapeutic drug monitoring etc will be showcased to the prospective industries.
- To publish a research report on an annual basis about the consultancy projects and services rendered to the industry or other universities/institute.
- To assess the quality and functioning through feedback from employees and alumni regularly.
To apply and promote research based activities among students/faculty as per the present need.
Under PRISAM, two courses are to be conducted,
- PG Diploma in Pharmaceutical Quality Assurance
- PG Diploma in Pharmaceutical Regulatory Affairs
It will be a full time course, which prepares the students to pursue their career in the pharmaceutical and healthcare industry. To teach this industry oriented program, qualified and skilled teaching professionals are available with adequate industry knowledge and exposure.
- Preparation of SOP’s (Standard Operating Procedure) for equipments /instruments are on going
- Implementing the log book, maintain record for equipments and instruments
- Facility up-gradation of life sciences lab: Aseptic room partition completed
- Instruments and consumables procurement under process