Valar Karangal is a charity initiative of PSG College of Pharmacy students aimed to help the orphans for education and other basic needs. Valar Karanagal was initiated by 2011 batch B Pharm and Pharm D students. The main objective of valar karangal are to create a platform for the students to inculcate social responsibility for helping the needs. . Officially Valar Karangal was launched in June 2014 college day function. The following details are the responsibilities and work done by Valar Karangal at the respective years.
2017 – 2018
Head : Venkatasriram Aharan S.G. (2014 Batch)
- Donated a set of chairs,tables,computer,books and stationaries to Vedapatti Palvadi school on 11.04.2017.
- Planted 20 plantlets in Attukal on Environmental day.
Donated a set of chairs,tables,computer,books and stationaries to Vedapatti Palvadi school on 11.04.2017.
2016 – 2017
Head : Suresh Balaji.K B Pharm (2013 Batch)
- Donated set of books,dresses,sweets,basic accessories etc.. to Abhaya AIDS Home on 16.12.2016.
- Donated medicine,food,toys and basic nees to ASHRAM Home on 08.04.2017.
2015 – 2016
Head : J.Harish Prabakar Pharm D (2012 Batch)
- Donated grocery to Donbossco anbu illam, Ukkadam on 28.06.2016.
- Donated new dresses and crackers to orphan child at Donbossco anbu illam, Ukkadam on 25.11.2015.
- Donated grinder to Bethal Chidren Home,Vedapatti on 11.01.2016.